Tuesday, October 16, 2007

God is Good, God is Holy...God is INVIGORATING!!!

It is amazing how much work you still have to do even when the construction business is slow and you don't have to go to work everyday (or much at all :-( I guess everyone thinks you have all sorts of free time now and can do every volunteer project they can possibly come up with. The good side is I get a little extra income from the fire department for that, the bad side is I didn't have a day off for a month. Between the fire department, church, school, side projects for friends, and a little work I was exhausted and didn't even realize how much I was doing...

So this last weekend I decided I was going to Kenai to at least get out of Girdwood. So I took a tape measure, chainsaw (for working on the property), my school books, and the fire dept. lesson plans I needed to write. Some vacation, eh? Well God was riding the navigation seat, and it was awesome! I got my new beater car registered at the DMV, got to see the Baldwins, met one of my new neighbors, and spent a lot of time wandering through the woods with a compass and tape measure marking property lines. And then I got to saw down a tree for the first time ever. If you have never gotten to hang out with God in the middle of nowhere with drizzling rain playing with a chain saw...you ARE MISSING OUT. Talk about invigorating! I cut down trees, trimming them into fire wood and brush piles for 4 hours. My shoulder didn't even hurt, my back was a tad sore from bushwacking out with armfuls of firewood, but no complaints. In the end I was disappointed it was getting dark and I couldn't play any longer. I grabbed a hot cup of soup and then took a hot shower at the Baldwins. It doesn't get any better than that. Go ahead, give it a try. I can't wait to have enough time to go dancing with the chain saw again. And I'll thank God that he kept me incident and injury free...a tall order when you've got an over-excited Alaskan girl in the middle of nowhere with a heavy-duty power tool she's never used before. And thanks Nate, for that quick overview of how to cut down a tree three years ago...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home