Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Randomness

I made it to Guayaquil, even took the taxi to the airport. (Sorry Roberto) Roberto had said not to take the taxis but after a little over 12 hours of 3 different buses trying to make it to the airport, I wasn´t going to figure out the city bus system.
Don´t get me wrong, one of my favorite parts of Ecuador was its transportation system. It´s great I could easily get around the country by just standing on the side of a road somewhere and sticking my hand out when I saw a bus I liked. Usually taking less than 5 min, except that one time outside of Tena. The cities got a little more tricky...but I didn´t have to travel through cities often.

Strange occurance of the bus ride from Tabacundo to Quayaquil--this older man (60s) just walked into the women´s bathroom in Riobamba and started talking to me. I little bit too polite for my own good sometimes, I just humored him instead of telling him to leave. He told me I was too pretty to be traveling alone... If there was some pick up line after that I missed it. I think he was just a lonely man that walked into women´s bathrooms. Odd.

The first airport internet guy ripped me off, I should have know when he asked for advanced payment and none of the other places did. After 10 min he let me online for only 4 min when I had paid for 30. I don´t get it, this second guy is nice though and doesn´t speak with so much of the Guayaquil accent.

I didn´t find that person to encourage yet like I was hoping too, so I think I go read my bible and encourage myself. (I could use it too.) God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home