Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A day of rest and sightseeing

Tuesday night Ross and I took a bus to Riobamba where Roberto´s family lives. After some language barriers we met up and went and had the best fried chicken I´ve ever had or could conceive of. Roberto (Roberto´s dad) and Nataly (his sister) got us settled in and then stayed up and chatted for a bit. They were a lot easier to understand than the people in Guayaquil and I had a lot of fun trying to communicate with his little sister instead of just frustration. We saw Riobamba and Guano during the day and then caught the bus to Baños. That´s where we are now. It´s a very touristy town but we got separate hostel rooms (actually hotel rooms) with their own bathroom for only $5 each. Ross is going to stay in Baños for a few more days but I´m catching the 6am bus to Shell. I have to be at the hospital at 8am. We will see how that goes. I´ll be there for 2 days and I´m not sure if the town is too small for internet...

Either way it´s great...I´ll be on my own and trusting God for wisdom only. It´s funny my Spanish is still really rough but I can´t wait to see what God wants to do here. This has been the only stop that´s really been planned in advanced. Afterwards it´s on to Quito and that seems to be in God´s plan as well.

Roberto if you´re reading this, I´ve got to say your family is great!

4 Comments:

At July 19, 2007 at 5:50 PM , Blogger Debbie said...

Hi Becki,

Just figured out how to send a comment. We are testing this now. We have been following your blog. Glad to hear from you.

Love, Mom

 
At July 20, 2007 at 2:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Becki,
I just realized that you had a Blog. It's good to read about how things are going for you in Ecuador. I admire your willingness to follow God's lead to go there and serve where you can. He will bless you and you will have a great spiritual journey. Marilyn and I really enjoyed getting to see you in Houston. We hated that our flight got canceled for Daniel's sake but were thrilled that because of that we were able to spend more time with you. You are a blessing and an inspiration to us. If you can stop in Texas on your way back we would love to see you.
In Him, Eddie

 
At July 21, 2007 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Hartsell said...

Hi Becki, It took me a while to figure out how it works. My ultrasound was a little different. The woman you did it, I don't think she knew what she was doing. She didn't answer any of my questions and she couldn't find some body parts, such as an arm, the kindeys, and so on. She said that she couldn't find any male parts so she is assuming that it is a girl. I have my doubts thought. I'm have another ultrasound done on 31 July. Hopefully it will go much better. I will let you know something then. HAve fun!!

 
At July 23, 2007 at 9:25 PM , Blogger Becki said...

Yes Mom it worked. And Tabitha-don't worry about the ultrasound, you'll end up having exactly what you are supposed to anyway. Life's a learning experience--hopefully even when we're 80!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home