Monday, March 24, 2008

PSA: Be careful were you store your fire extinguishers

Well God and I had a good laugh today, although I must admit I took a little longer on the laughing part.

I couldn't get a ride into my doctor's appointment today so I neglected taking my meds and just drove in myself. And anyone concerned about me driving has bigger problems. I am fully convinced some people have fake drivers license. The guy in front of me on the Seward Hwy was driving erratically, but I was dealing and not even getting annoyed (Yay for good music) Then we turn a corner and who knows what happened, maybe there was a goat 100ft up, but he slams on the brakes and I had to follow suit. As soon as I did there was this explosion from the back of my car and it starts filling with smoke. I figure I blew a tire pretty bad and pull over. Looking in the back (before I could even get my one handed seat belt off) I see nothing but smoke. I check the tire...all good...and have this sinking feeling that my car is really on fire. (and maybe I should have grabbed the jacket at least) I cautiously popped the trunk (thank you so much for the rope pull Ross) and just thick smoke. Great, I can't even get to the fire extinguisher or figure out where the fire is. Of course the other guy is long gone and I'm stuck in winter and in a sleeveless shirt and sling staring at my car wondering what to do now. Fortunately the huge cloud of "smoke" rose up and some visibility returned. There was no fire, just a couple ski poles, a fire extinguisher, and a really big mess. The fire extinguisher either got punctured or the safety pin wasn't very safe, I couldn't see. Very releaved I began to air out the corosive dust and clean off the windsheild.

So I have an important message for all of you smart enough to carry a fire extinguisher in your vehicle: Be sure to keep it somewhere separate from the passenger compartment of your vehicle, and that includes having the seats up accessing the trunk! It was just one of those days that make you want to laugh and cry at the same time. I won't go into the other shinnagins of the day, but it invovled more bad drivers, trying to set up physical therapy, and attempting to prop open the hood on my vehicle with one arm (very entertaining for all those in the parking lot who took one look at me and crossed to the other side) Sitting at school now I'm smiling and shaking my head. It could be worse, much worse. I wasn't feeling like everything sucks but sometimes it's good to have a reminder before you get to that point of despair. God must have decided I needed one of those today. So life's alright and God's great. Tonight I'm giving a verbal climbing lesson, this might prove to be amusing as well. Have a great, less surprising day.

1 Comments:

At March 29, 2008 at 3:53 PM , Blogger dennisthemennis.co.uk said...

your blog just made me smile, thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home